Large or small, attached or free-standing, even elevated or enclosed, we’ve worked on many deck projects. Take a look at what we can do for you!
Check out our portfolio here!
This is a truly ‘Green’ decking product.
Get to know our unique recycling process with a few green FYI’s:
LEED for Homes (v1.11a) awards points to projects for using Environmentally Preferable Products like MoistureShield® Decking.
Section MR2-B provides 0.5 point for including a deck containing 25% post consumer recycled content.
MoistureShield decking and accessories are made with:
- 30% Post-consumer recycled content
- 60% Pre-consumer recycled content
- 90% Total recycled content
More facts about MoistureShield:
- MoistureShield has a post-consumer recycled content equivalent of 60% or about two-and-a-half times the requirement.
- Double Points: USGBC staff have suggested that builders request an additional 0.5 point for innovation and going beyond the requirements based on MoistureShield’s high post-consumer recycled content.
- MoistureShield aids in conserving resources for the future.
- No new trees are cut down to make MoistureShield Decking.
- Our process stops over 270 million pounds of trash from entering landfills every year – that is 36 football fields of trash, each stacked 10 ft. high!
- We save over 5.3 trillion BTUs of energy per year.
- We are concerned with skyrocketing gas prices as much as you. Our process saves 1 million gallons a year.
- Not only does a 12´ x 12´ MoistureShield deck save 110 gallons of gas, but it also reduces greenhouse gas by 619 lbs. CO2 equivalent.
- The plastic and wood A.E.R.T. recycles annually is comparable to taking 54,000 vehicles off the road.
GREEN & RECYCLING AWARDS
- Plastic Recycling Award – Society of Plastics Engineers – 2007
- Partnership for Environmental Excellence Award – EPA – 1999
- Corporate Recycler of the Year – Recycling Coalition – 2005
- Green Building Conference Special Appreciation – 2004
- Partners of Parks Environmrntal Contribution Plaque – 1999
- Wood Award – Sierra Club – 1995
- Global Plastics Environmental Conference – Plastics recycling – 2007